Apocalyst is a term used to describe a person who believes in the end of the world and/or doomsday events. Also, inspired by @megcorbs list and @jennhoffman’s recent Life Bullet Point post, welcome to my APOCA-LIST!
Today, as my mind wandered at work I thought, what if zombies took over the planet!? What if there really is impending doom associated with 2012!!?? What do I REALLY want to accomplish?
This is by no means in order of importance. This is a never-ending tangent including broad ideas for the future, and more specific adventures and tasks. If you want to join me on my quest to delay obliteration, DM me at @iamrachelwho. The more the merrier!
- Collaborate with amazing people on various media/film/creative endeavors and GET PAID to do it. Not just part time, but full time. I want to find a way to pay my bills organizing and initiating the types of projects I can be proud of and take partial ownership of with a great core-group of people around it. Work with people who respect my voice and opinions and continue to encourage me to follow my passions and instincts.
- Live in Costa Rica! Visit Costa Rica!?
- Obtain theatrical distribution for one of my films.
- Premiere one of my films at SXSW.
- Produce a movie with/starring Anna Faris. Chris Pratt should probably have a cameo.
- Road trip the entire West Coast and stay exclusively in tree houses!
- Learn to sew. Not just the half-ass kind of sewing I do by hand or finish with safety pins, but the kind of sewing where I can grab scraps of fabric and turn them into a great fitting shirt/vest/jacket/skirt. The tangible goal would be to design and produce three different pieces of clothing.
- Spend at least a year occupying a live/work space. Get lost in (the) space and create, create, create…
- Exercise regularly. No seriously… quit talking and just do. There are a 1,000 ways to do it. Jump rope, run laps, swim, hike. Always be MOVING.
- Have my own booth at San Diego ComiCon.
- Learn Spanish.
- Buy my parents a house. If they want an RV instead, so be it. They deserve the world.
- Create five original collage art pieces and exhibit them somewhere awesome.
- Go zip-lining! Preferably somewhere exotic… but c’mon, it’s flying through trees!
- Ride an elephant. I LOVE ELEPHANTS.
- Build a treehouse. If it’s for my future kids, even better.
- Go to the REAL Ocktobertfest.
- Attend Burning Man!
- Visit all seven continents!
- Take a real island, beach, relaxing with fruity drinks, swimming in waterfalls kind of vacation.
- Throw an epic Halloween and/or New Years Party. Like, seriously epic. Tom Haverford epic.
- Take a(nother) drawing class.
- Create my own graphic novel/comic.
- Write and produce a webseries.
- Start a YouTube channel.